Sunday, October 4, 2009

• COMMENTARY FROM FACEBOOK

SOME FOLKS USING FACEBOOK FOR PRODUCTIVE ACTIVISM
Kathy provides a lot of food for thought
One post prompts discussion of a myriad of issues

Facebook can be great

I am really impressed by a lot of what I read at Facebook. I guess I've been fortunate because it's not a bunch of people typing "I'm having coffee now!" or "Guess it's time to go to the bathroom" or "Hey, 'Desperate Wives' is on!" Instead, these folks who have become part of my friends list are passing along important stories in the news and taking the time to discuss politics in thoughtful posts.

A video of Rush Limbaugh talking with caller "Susan" from Glendale, CA prompted a LOT of discussion, and while I won't take the time to show the entire dialog, I will share the posts of one woman, Kathy, who really upped the level of discourse with her thoughts. You will be able to tell what she is responding to by the topics that she touches on. As you can see, one video leads to a variety of political discussion. Enjoy. --Jz

Thanks for posting the video. I missed some of Susan's call today.

Very good discussion. I've been saying for some time now that true Conservatives need to take over the Republican Party. That's the only reason I joined the Republican Party, after being unaffiliated for most of my life. I was angry with both parties... being unaffiliated was my way of showing that anger. But after several years of things getting worse and worse... I decided I needed to do more than just vote. I joined the Republican Party hoping to find others of like mind to form a coalition in order too clean out the Liberal RINOs, and get the Party back to adhere, and advocating for enumerated Constitutional Principles.

I too am tired of voting for the lesser of the two evils. Country over Party every time is my motto. I'm still working on the Republican Party, but I sure do get discouraged at times with how difficult it is because of the distrust that people feel for the Party system. I've explored other avenues, such as GOOOH-- http://goooh.com/ --But I don't think we have the time to implement a new system at this juncture.

I've always said, and tell others that hate both Parties: Unless something drastic happens in the near future to end the present Party structure, you can bet that at the end of the day, the two dominant Parties will receive the majority of the vote. So until that paradigm changes I see no other alternative than to work within the [two] Party system for reform.

For an example of Democrats using Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals against Sara Palin, check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjhXPpQQXPY

I like Sara Palin, but was so very unhappy with her when she joined Juan McCain's campaign. ANYONE that would associate themselves with Juan McCain shows EXTREMELY bad judgment.

But it also makes me furious the way the Communist/Marxist/ Demonrats personally attack her. It's never about issues, it's always about her personally. I Guess we can tell from that who the Democrats are afraid of.

Ron Paul will not compromise??? Lets look at Ron Paul: Ron Paul adds earmarks for his district, but then, will not vote on them himself. He doesn't mind encouraging other Congressmen to vote for them. And by doing this he can then have the cover of saying he doesn't vote for earmarks. He then comes out and rails against the pork in earmarks. I find that hypocritical, and certainly [one who does] compromise.

I like Sara Palin, but was so very unhappy
with her when she joined Juan McCain's
campaign. ANYONE that would associate
themselves with Juan McCain shows
EXTREMELY bad judgment.

When he was confronted about his hypocrisy on a news magazine, he just shrugged it off and said he was earmarking in the interest of his district; that there were some projects that people in his district wanted, and that as an elected Representative he was obligated to ensure their interests.

I don't know how it is in anyone else's district, but in my Congressional district these earmarks are used to buy votes. The Republican, and now Democrat Congressmen sing the same song at election time, as they preen and brag about how much pork they've brought back to their district. Ron Paul is no different. And it looks even worse that he will not even vote for his own earmarks but will then let his fellow Congressmen vote for them. That leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

This worship of Ron Paul reminds me of the Obamanites in their adoration of him.

I'm done with this cult of personality. I don't trust anyone in office, no matter how Conservative they say they are, no matter how Libertarian they say they are, no matter their voting record. They are only as good as their last vote, and how and what they do to get reelected. That may seem extreme, but setting a high standard may at least push the goal of electing true statesmen and servants of the people forward more and more.

And I want to leave this last bit of food for thought on Ron Paul: Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian two or three times in Texas and lost every time. He then switched to the Republican Party and has won election ever since. So you tell me if a third party has a true viable chance of capturing enough votes. At this time, I don't think so. As the old saying goes, Ron Paul knew which side his bread was buttered on.

I guess we pick 'em on the same standards that you picked Ron Paul as being "The One", but as we see, their are no guarantees with anyone. As I said they are only as good as their last vote, and how they conduct themselves, and their campaign for reelection. --Kathy

Amen.

Rush Limbaugh talks to Susan, Part 1

5 comments:

  1. Great comments Kathy. I especially share your contempt for Juan McBackstabber but I do believe Palin was duped into believing that, if she agreed to be on the ticket, she would have influence.

    I think she is wiser for it. I think, politically, Palin remains our best hope but I wonder if it is not too late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course we know that working with McCain (I must remind you that John McCain IS in fact a Viet Nam war hero), Palin was brought to the national stage and delivered a rousing speech at the Convention. That was probably worth working with Juan just for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. America needs a viable conservative third party. The Repubs were formed because the Whigs would not stand up to the Dems on slavery.

    It's time for conservatives to bolt the Republican party and form a Conservative party based on Reagan principles which in fact are the principles on which this nation was founded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If we could get a third party with enough juice to win in 2010 and 2012, I would be with you all the way. However I do not think that is possible! And our nation cannot wait until a viable third party is ready...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a great writer. You should do more of it!!

    ReplyDelete