Sunday, February 28, 2010

• MY BOUT WITH TRUTHER-ISM

Well, today I had to block a good friend via email because she admitted to being a truther. My friend defended the zany way Debra Medina squirmed and evaded when Glenn Beck asked her point blank: "Do you believe the government was in any way involved in the bringing down of the World Trade Centers on 9/11?"

This truther crappola is getting really, really, REALLY out of control. I think it is safe to say, from what we know about the tactics employed by followers of Islam, that they had a lot to do with this damnable lie -- the truther conspiracy. I believe it is also possible that the American Left joined in, because ultimately it would lead to having conservatives buy into this bull@$%! hook, line and sinker.

And so they have.

I have had a few folks tell me that they did not believe conservatives were buying into this; that it is mostly liberals. Although I do not know the actual numbers, it is abundantly clear that more and more and more of your fellow conservatives -- people who believe in most of the same values and principles that we share, and our goal to return this country to it's rightful owners, 'we the people' -- are beginning to jump on board with a number of kooky fringe groups, including but not limited to:

• The 'don't pay your taxes' crowd

• The Anarchy crowd

• The 'Obama is going to call for martial law' crowd

• The 'free militia' crowd

• The 'Obama is going to cancel elections in 2010 and 2012' crowd

• The 'Truther' crowd

• The 'Conservatives will be boarding trains and sent to FEMA camps' crowd

• The 'Sky is Falling' Chicken Little crowd

(I am not including those who are concerned about Obama's birthplace because, although I do not place that issue near the top of what we should be focusing on right here, right now, I would like to know where the man was born).

If we are not careful, the truther/FEMA/militia bunch
is going to attach itself to us, and the rest of middle
America -- the people whose votes we need -- will run
far and fast from us, and vote for liberal democrats


I have taken a lot of time, time I will never get back, debating and discussing and trying to help some truthers see the light. And now, after a few weeks of this fruitless pursuit, I have had to make a decision tonight, and I have decided to give up.

We have too much to do, and we must win these elections, so I am done dealing with you truthers. You want to believe your country attacked itself? Go for it, but stay the hell away from me and you better stay even further away from the conservative movement.

My friends, we must separate ourselves from these right wing fringe crazies. We don't have time to help them out of their hallucinations. We have our work to do.

And I cannot stress this enough: If we are not careful, the truther/FEMA/militia bunch is going to attach itself to us, and the rest of middle America -- the people whose votes we need -- will run far and fast from us, and vote for liberal democrats.

So I am encouraging you to do the same. If you haven't done so already (I admit it; I was told this was the thing to do and I was stubborn and thought I could wake a few truthers up. I cannot be done), I urge you to block every truther that pops up, one at a time, and treat them like lepers.

Keep a safe distance and do not entertain any of them. Make certain that the tea party movement for conservative America stays away from trutherism and all the rest of the people I listed. Focus on Nov. 2, 2010, and let's get some conservatives elected.

And to those of you who are truthers, etc, all I can say is - I am sorry you are so deluded, but it is not my job to fix you. See a shrink before it is too late.

Best Regards,
Jz

No comments:

Post a Comment