Saturday, February 13, 2010

• MY EMAIL TO ERICK ERICKSON OF REDSTATE

Mr. Erickson:

I do not consider myself to be a 'birther' or a 'birfer' or any other kooky name. I am certainly not on the fringe, as my website, containing over 280 programs and 500 hours of programming will attest.

I have brought up the issue of a birth certificate a few times, usually to insist that it is not the issue we should concern ourselves with most.

I would, however, like to see the actual birth certificate. Does that make me too irrational for Red State? I'm here to tell you: The answer is no, and I'm not putting the certificate at the top of the list of important issues. I'm just saying that I'd like to see the actual document.

Now, Mr. Farah is a very good man, a conservative man, a Godly man. I am concerned about his focus (obsession?) with the birth place issue, but Mr. Obama brings a lot of this on himself by struggling to keep the documents from public scrutiny.

So for me, it does not make good sense for conservatives to separate into small groups, when we can be inclusive. We do not have to exclude people who want to know for certain. We should be inclusive at least in this regard.

Much more damaging, if you ask me, is the profiteering in the Tea Party movement, and the real appearance of crazy coming from the militia movement and the survivalists. This kind of stuff makes conservatives look nutty.

I would not want these militia types running the streets anymore than I'd want the UN troops running the streets. But the question, I think, is a fair question: Why not show us the birth certificate? Nothing more, nothing less.

Just my thoughts - I am sad to see this 'ban' because there are many good, decent, conservative Americans who are not on the fringe, who -- like me -- would like to see the actual certificate.

Best,
Jz

Click HERE for the original RedState article banning 'birfers'

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I got a couple of emails from Mr. Erickson - I'll talk about them on the show on Monday.

    Jz

    ReplyDelete