Tuesday, March 30, 2010

• TYRA BANKS AND GIRLS GONE WILD

Occasionally I flip channels and see a few minutes of the Tyra Banks show. She has from time to time had programs about women who were abused by men, or assaulted, or other such tragedies. She has always struck me as somewhat sincere – as opposed to Maury Povich who just uses people in such a disgusting manner I can’t imagine how he sleeps at night.

That being said, today I was moving through channels looking for the afternoon MASH rerun (I still enjoy MASH, especially the original cast in the first 3 seasons), and I paused on Tyra’s program. She has that scumbag “Girls Gone Wild” character on, talking about how much fun he’s having living his life. They show shots of the audience members, all young women, smiling and happy about listening to this putz.

Now I am no fan of Hugh Hefner. He’s an extraordinary dirtball. I can’t stand the man. He’s bad enough but when they put him on TV as if he’s some wonderful celebrity, I want to puke. But this guy from GGW – he’s a freakin’ demon. He smiles, he’s handsome enough I suppose, and he’s got charisma. Tyra Banks says something like, “hey, no one forces any of the women to take off their clothes – I don’t see the problem here!”

(By the way, I don’t know the man’s name, and I was going to look it up, but I thought it was cool that I don’t know his name and decided not to bother.)

Yeah, whoopee Tyra! This is all in good fun! Take off your bra! Ooh la lah! Show us your coochie! I mean, I haven’t seen one of those films but I can imagine. I’m no choir boy, but that kind of thing is such a turn off. Get ‘em drunk, and hand ‘em some money. There it is, “sexy”. HARDLY! And Tyra has now exposed herself. She’s playing along for the money having him on TV gets her. Ratings. Big ratings. And she gets to be the cool ‘hot chick’ who doesn’t mind this clown and his planes and homes and cars and more money than God – all obtained by exploiting young women.

Sure, they’re all of age, and they get paid and free booze and they make their decisions using their own free will ... after they’re hammered.

Tyra Banks should be ashamed of herself.
--Jz

No comments:

Post a Comment