Monday, April 8, 2013

• Black Conservatives On Hannity

Regarding the group of black conservatives on the Hannity program last week, it is inexplicable that Bob Parks and Alphonzo Rachel were excluded from the group. But on the bigger issue, conservatives grouping people by skin color, I wrote the following on my wall a few days ago:
"Is it good for conservatism to separate and present our "black conservatives" for media interviews, discussion groups, forums and photo ops? Or should we not be more color blind and have "conservatives" join together - of any and all colors, faiths and backgrounds? I'm a little wary of making our own color based subset.

"The left dismisses them as uncle toms anyway, so I'm not sure what we gain by NOT presenting conservatism as a whole, instead of the segments and subgroups... JUST LIKE LIBERALS DO."
The bottom line here is that there are always going to be people left out who should have been a part of whatever gathering of minds - and that's a shame. Both Zo and Bob would have been... scratch that, SHOULD have been part of this group. But its' the GROUP ITSELF that is the problem. Here's Hannity (who I really like a lot, don't get me wrong), bringing together "our blacks." What is the goal here? To tell the left, "we have black people, black people can be conservative, these black people are smarter than the left's black people..." I'm not sure I like this at all.

Conservatism has got to be color blind, yet we're grouping people together and trying to appeal to others based on race. That's not conservatism; that's group-think and it's a bad thing for us to engage in. We're playing this the way the left wants us to, and we cannot win by using race-tactics.

When people are grouped as anything other than Americans, conservatives lose.



This is my friend Brian Burleson, writing on my Facebook thread:

"I have mixed feelings about this. I prefer to be colorblind, but I do like seeing other conservatives of color (or perhaps the term should be colored conservatives).

"If the idea is to reach black liberals and convince them that conservatives aren't racists, I don't think you'll have much luck. Black liberals who believe that are fools and there's no convincing a fool of the flaws in their "thinking". Black conservatives are told they're "acting white", "Uncle Toms", "tokens" etc. by both white and black liberals. (By the way, have I ever mentioned how much I hate liberals?)

"As for white liberals, mentally deranged, Marxist fools they may be but I don't think even most of them think conservatives are actually "racist". I tend to believe they like repeating that load of bull to scare blacks into remaining on the liberal plantation.

"Several years ago, I was at a meeting of mostly white progressives. After being "outed" as a conservative, one of the regressives tried to get one of his colored colleagues to convince me of the error of my thinking. "Now why, after rejecting a load of b.s. from a white liberal would I accept the same load of crap as the gospell, simply because the one spreading it happens to be a "brother"?

"Why is there any reason to believe a black liberal who after rejecting the truth coming from a white conservative, would magically accept the same truth coming from a "brother"?

"Conservatives shouldn't bother trying to pander to black, liberal fools. It seems when they do that, they just end up becoming liberal fools themselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment