Wednesday, April 17, 2013

• Gay 'Friends'?

K: Similar to pro-choicers who oppose Partial Birth Abortion (and whose movement leaders do not) but remain silent against extremism in their own leadership, it hurts their cause. I'm quite certain that if I polled my gay friends, they'd think this woman's statement was ridiculous. Yet, I cannot find any gay rights organization that has condemned it.

Jimmy Z: What's that? "Gay friends?" I don't recognize that term. What part has light with darkness?

K: I have lots of gay friends, and a "spare" daughter who is gay. We just agree to disagree on a number of things, most particularly, marriage. Other than that, I just judge everybody on the content of their character.

Jimmy Z: K, I'm not sure how that works. To live in abject sin... see, I look at this from the Bible point of view, so if someone I know is sleeping with another man's wife or another woman's husband, committing adultery, and telling me its just fine and we have to agree to disagree, that this is the way he or she is made, and they love this married person they're sleeping with, I don't buy it. It's wrong and it is egregious enough that I cannot have friendship with that person.

From a Facebook thread...

No comments:

Post a Comment